27 April, 2009

Announcement Yea!

I am so lucky! But then again,I cant't fix this weird thing that happened on this page just now so I can't tell you all the reasons. I was trying to tell you all about the Blog Awards that I was given last week which is such an honor.Im' just going to post this and I will do another post and explain the awards.In the meantime this has been a fantastic day for me. If you look over to the left at the very top in the margin there is a blinkie that says I Design for Pages In Time Scrapbook Store. Yea for Me! I am so excited about this. This is a relatively new community and we have some incredibly talented members. So come on over and join us.http://pagesintimestoresite.ning.com I think this is going to be so much fun . I really wanted to be on this team and now I am. Yea! again! I did do a few cards and layoutsthis week, but not as many as I would like. This is for a challenge at 52sketches52weeks http://52sketches52weeks.com that I try to do everyweek. I love Julies sketches and I new when I saw the sketch for last week that I could finally use that sheet os acrylic that I had in my stash. KayLynn is on this side and Claudette is on the other. These photos and the layout were perfect for this. I also used one side for a Distressing Challenge over on the Pages In Time Forum.http://pagesintimestoresite.ning.com Distressing is so much fun.
I used alcohol ink to color the edges of the acrylic. First I cut a stencil and then daubed on the ink. These are som from the new line of lite and bright inks by Tim Holtz.

And this is the other side, a page with our beautiful, growing up way to fast, Claudette. This was so much fun to do. It was a challenge making everything fit and compliment each other and cover up adhesives from the other side. This shows the distressing on the photo and paper really well as well as the flower in the lower right corner. It is really a bunch of rub on flowers from Stampin Up' http://www.stampinup.com/

that I have had around for awhile. I mounted them on a circle of acrylic and then hid the dimensionals with rhinestones. Cleaver hu?

Close up shows the holes backed with scotch tape and the sprinkled with glitter technique. I love the way this works and then last night when I went to 52Sketches52Weekshttphttp://52sketches52weeks.com/ one of the DT member showed how to use a hole punch on your text and I was thinking that it would be fun to back it with tape and glitter.

More close ups of flowers and leaves and more distressing.

I did this for a flower over on the Pages In Time Forum. The challenge was to use flowers. Think I nailed that one don't you? Of course these are some of our littlest flowers that are growing so fast. There are a lot more and I will get photos and make another page later. The flowers come from a digital download that I bought a while back from Weeds and Wildflowers http://www.weedsandwildflowersdesign.com/ . I don't do digital but the digital stuff like these flowers and the papers can be printed and used. Hybrid scrapping. It is fun. Anyway I cut out and the layered the flowers with die cut and punched flowers. I added some rhinestones and buttons to the centers of some but the best use the kids pictures as centers. Along the bottom I cut 1/2" strips of faux wood paper into strips and made the picket fence. Then I drew vines for sweetpea vines and added flower soft to do the sweet pea flowers.

The ladybug and the flowers on the outside of the fence are those little unfinished wood flowers from Michaels. They really look great here. I knew they would come in handy some day.

The second page in my 8"X8" book made up of Mojo Monday sketches. This paper is some K&Co. that I picked up last week at Michaels. It is so darn cute. And how cute is my dog? She cracks me up.

The background in this is using two babywipes folded in a square and then you drop drops of dye reinkers on the edge, several colors of your choice, and then you swipe the babywipe across the cardstock. I sprayed a little water on this so it would run a little and then embossed it. I really like this technique. I found it on the Gina K stamptv site. http://stamptv.ning.com/ This is a really fun site you should check it out.

This is a close up of the baby wipe technique. I used the swipe method for the background and then embossed it with ultra thick embossing powder. After I swiped the baby wipe I sprayed a little water and let it run. The figure and words are done with wipes as ink pad. The paper is Basic Grey, and the Stamps Tim Holtz.

This is a cupcake stamp from imaginiance that I got for a dollar. It is from their grab and go stamps.

I got this new stamp set by Hero Arts along with another on with more birds, the next card. Anyway when I was in Stampers Corner buying my Tim Holtz alcohol inks I saw these stamps and a lot of paper that I want. I rummaged around and found enough change to buy these two. I just love the using the baby wipe as an ink pad.

Two more birds and the saying is perfect. I did this one for my class at the senior center last week.

I will be back soon with a list of blog addresses for the rest of the design team. Have a great evening.

No comments: