08 May, 2009

The Helper Dog and a new flower design

I did this layout for the 52Sketches52Weeks #18. Pearl just loves to run around with those plastic flower containers when George is out potting plants. I used Basic Grey Marakesh paper for this along with a pizza cardboard plate. You know those frozen pizzas? George brought one home (it was really good) and all I did was wipe the surface down with a sponge and it got the outer paper wet enough that it just pealed right off. When it dried all the way I dry brushed acrylics all over it and then zig zag stitched it to the background paper.

I cut flowers from the pattern paper and also did some die cut flowers. One of the dies I used was a new Spellbinders, Spirell-Rounded Petals. When I looked at the back of the package there were instructions for this technique where you wrap embrodiery thread around the spikes that stick out. You can adjust the diameter of the inner circle depending on how many spikes are in between the thread.


On this blue flower I only had three in between I think. I also filled the center with Crystal Effects. The larger flower on the left has Stickels dabbed and drawn on to the petals.

I used a Tim Holtz mask on the upper and lower parts of the layout and then used distress inks to shaed all around them. I also sprinkled a little water all over to get that speckled effect.


Have a Good Weekend again everyone.




4 comments:

Ann Arbogast said...

This layout came out gorgeous. Love the colors and how you used the pizza box packaging. Very creative!

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

WOWSA!!! This is a beautiful layout!!! So many things to look at and so many embellishments. So much work put into it!! I am so simple compared to your stuff. I totally appreciate the time you have put into your pages though. I call this Scrapbook ART!!!

cottagerca said...

Really like your layout because you made most of the embellishments yourself. Liked the pizza box packaging ideal too!

Patti said...

Super cool ideas, thanks so much for sharing. I love the end results with the embroidery floss with the flower spikes. I also really lobe the masking in the background and the water added for a speckled effect. Great LO, so inspirational.