10 August, 2008

New Card Designs and a new toy

Okay, here's the new toy. It's A Pretty Red Camera. George has been wanting a camera for his own for a while now so this morning he saw this advertised and asked my opinion about it. I told him it was a great camera and a very good price and if it was too difficult for him I would just trade him my old Cannon. He thought that was a good idea and said I could just use the new one if I would go get it. How fast do you think I was dressed and out the door? It is very nice but now I have to learn how to use it. Oh well life is hard. The next few pictures are of the garden. Every time I turn around some new thing turns up. And George does a good job. It is always fun to take a walk in our garden.



Zia and Pearl played really hard last night and Zia got really tired out. She finally got the tug toy away from Pearl and layed on it.

I made this card for a challenge at Our Creative Corner and I just happened to use the Day 12 Challenge for the Verve Anni-VERVE-Sary. I used StampinUp's new In Color, Pacific Point for the base card (Layer #1) Then I used a piece of paper that I painted on glossy paper for the (2nd Layer) I stamped the birds by Inkainkado and colored them with colored pencils. The flowers across the top are stamped with a Clear Stamp I bought at Michaels for a dollar, how cool is that? I punched the holes on the right and for the ribbon across the bottom I cut a stencil and pounced the color on the paper with Pacific Point and drew in the stitching with a gel pen, then I added a brad. All of that was done on (Layer #3) The sentiment is stamped and embossed on a piece of paper that I punched out with the SU Scallop Punch then I cut a stencil for the center and pounced Almost Artichoke around the outside edges. That would be the (4th and final Layer). Ha! That only took me a few hours to figure out and make especially since on the first card when I was putting everything away I dropped and bounced a Staz On open ink pad right across the white front. I had to start the whole thing over. The rest of my day kind of went the same way all day. I'm still not finished for the day and it's 8:40. Things could still turn around.


The Butterfly Card is for two different challenges. The day 7 of Verve anniversary challenge and the Meet the Divas Challenge #5. I like this layout and I really like the Butterfly image. I used StampinUp's Rose Red and Blue Bayou for the solid papers and paper from Basic Grey, Pheobe Collection and the background paper is done with alcohol inks on acetate. I even dyed the brads with the ink. I've had this butterfly forever. I don't remember where I got it and there is no brand on the wood block.




I made this card for the Anni- VERVE- sary challenge over at Verve Designs. This is for Day 6. I used StampinUp's Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red for the solid papers. I used a piece of paper that I painted a couple weeks ago for the background and I used We Are Memory Keepers , the White Out Collection. This is so bright and Fun.





The first photo should be the last in this series. Oh well! This is what is still left after I worked on the two page layouts on Sat. That would be the second photo. The adorable kid on the left is KayLynn a couple years ago and the little cutie pie on the right is Me, about 54 years ago. Do you think we look a little bit alike. The last 3 photos are of the monthly kit that I ordered from Serendipity Scrapbooks. Look at all of that wonderful Basic Grey Paper. This is going to be so much fun.










I have a ton of stuff to do this week so I'll get to it. Now I have to add Learn how to use a new RED camera. Oh, How sad. Not. Have a good week everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness you are a paper artist, unbelievable, just devine.

Carole xx

Tereza Crump said...

WOW...I was completely inspired by all your messiness. :) love it, love it!!! I got to try some of that.

Shirley said...

I am so glad I found your blog. What a lot of great designs and detail. I love it and the card above too!

Shirley said...

oops! I see you had another beautiful card posted too! And you got a new camera. I just got one the first of this year (digital like your) and it has been an interesting journey.