30 August, 2008

It's Been Too Long

I Have been doing a lot of layouts lately and cards for challenges. I have a little time this morning but not too much. Jeremys' parents are visiting from Michigan and they are coming for a swim and bar-b-que this afternoon. I've also been putting together a journal class for the seniors which meant making a couple journals for samples and wouldn't you know it I don't have photos right now. I'll have to get to that next week and remember to take my camera to the class on Thurs. Anyway I hope you enjoy what I can post today. The first piece is of KayLynn. The photos I took a few weeks ago when I was trying to figure out the new camera but the page came from just a few nights ago. I saw a page sketch on a web site, 52 Sketches for 52 Weeks I think, and had to sit down and do it. I knew exactly what I wanted to do the minute I saw the sketch. I love the black and white and the color accents on the butterfly was purple, to match the purple glitter circles, when I started but it turned pink as the very thick layer of crystal effects dried. Oh well! I still like it.


This layout I did for a contest for Bo Bunny. It is a paper piecing contest. I love the way the Tree turned out. I used all Bo Bunny Papers from the Holiday Cheer and Dot paper collection and then for the tips of the branches I layered on vellun and used glitter paint and puff paint to make the snow. Add pictures of beautiful kids on top of a pile of packages, a dog under the tree a few beads and you got a page.



This next piece I made for A Serindipity Scrapbook Contest, Let them Eat Cake. I used a whole bunch of Bo Bunny paper, a lot of rinestones and glitter and the best photos of KayLynn from her third birthday.




IMade some cards for some challenges and I really like the way they turned out but most of all I like the Frogs. This is Basic Grey paper again, The Giggles and the Lollipop Shop Series. I like the layout of Logan best. I layered all the papers under the Letters and then punched some circles out and put tape on the back and then gold glitter in the open spaces. The pieces of the circles that I had punched out, I added some buttons and added those along the top. I added beadwork to the letters, some googleie eyes to the frogs an WOW! what a colorful page.






I Finally finished these two pages. I used the Monthly kit contest from Serendipity Scrapbooks for the month of August. In the last post I showed the contents of the kit and the start of the pages. I can't believe how much stuff was in that kit and it was great stuff too. I still have a ton of it left. Here's a list of what I used for these layouts. Basic Grey Papers: The Euphoria Collection: Bless, Delirium, Cool, Fields, Arcadia and Utopia. DCWV paper, wildbutterflies. Thickers Chipboard alphabet, Heidi Swapp: Mirror Bird Stickers, KI Memories, Bloom titles rub ons. Auqua marine pompoms, Basic Grey: Rub Ons, Euphoria Chipboard and Buttons. I also used a lot of glitter, rienstones and puff paint. These were so much fun to do. Again I made a lot of paper flowers that I punched with the SU punches and then layered and added glitter and beads. I love those things. the are such a nice addtition.








I will post sooner next time. Hope you all have a great week! Melissa

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Okay, Melissa, I missed the beautiful butterfly on your card below too. I love the bling and glitter you use on your cards and your papges with the children. Those pages with the cake are sensational!