20 March, 2009

It's Friday Yea!

Good Sat. morning. I ended up not getting to post this last night because my computer was having issues which led me to have issues with it so before everything went south all together I gave up and went in and made a couple of cards. Now it seems to have gotten over it and I can post this layout of KayLynn that I finished Thursday night for the 52Sketches52Weeks this week. You get two finished photos this week one at the beginning and one at the end only because I still don't know how to edit in this program and I can't get that last photo off. At any rate I just love all the girly pink. I found this Heidi Grace Designs paper the other day when I was at Michaels and just had to have it. The flourishes on the upper right corner and lower left are cut with my new Stampin Up' die cut. I love my Big Shot. After I cut the image from the Bazzil Paper and a scrap of Floral print i cut the large pieces apart and arranged everything to suit my vision. You can see here that for the centers of some of the flowers I used crystal effects and then sprinkled on glitter. Then after it dries over night you can shake off the excess glitter. When the crystal Effects is so thick you really want it to dry before you mess with it. I so love those little flocked birds on that paper, even though this is turned sideways.
This one flower on the lower left is stamped with Stampin Up' Playful Petals and colored with colored pencils. I ran the pieces through the Big Shot using a Cuttle Bug Swiss dots embossing Folder first. The other flowers were made by layering die cut and punched flowers. I also used buttons, rhinestones and puff paint to accent them.

On the large circle before I started laying everything down I used a scalloped edge circle as a stencil and sponged pink ink onto the paper and then I layered the paper and photo over it. I also used faux stitching around the outside edge of the circle and across the bottom of the strip to the right. I also used puff paint to make the dots. Love the birds and the buttons and glitter in the centers of the flowers.

Last but not least. I printed this photo in black and white and then I used distress ink refills to paint her lips and some of the flowers on her shirt. I always get nervous painting on photos because if you screw it up you have to start over.

And there it is again.

This is the Mojo Monday sketch for this week and I used Anerican Crafts paper and one of my new Anya stamps. I used colored pencils to color the image and that is faux stitching around the edges of the piece.

This is a card for Verva stamps over in the forum at SCS. The twist this week was to make it a birthday card. I used Stampin Up' Tea Party designer paper and the stamp for the cupcake I've had for awhile and I can' remember who the maker is. The little creature eating a cupcake is Inkadinkado. I guess that is a dog. Anyway, I distressed the edges of some of the papers and added a little glitter ribbon and rhinestone bow. Use the red heavy duty sticky tape for the ribbon strips and then one strip at a time cover with glitter, that way you can use different colors.

It is another open house weekend at my house and I have a ton of things to get finished up this morning along with I want to finish moving the studio and living room. I will have pictures of the finished project next week. Really.

Have a great weekend everyone and dont forget to check out Queen Kat Designs to see all the new stamps.

1 comment:

WickedPixie said...

Hi Melissa! Boy your creations are gorgeous! I hope you don't mind, I mentioned your beautiful flowers and linked to your blog from mine because I used a flower made with paper towels after you told us how on PCP Anya. Mine is nowhere near the beauty of yours!