11 March, 2009

New Girlz

Three Girlz. The one in the center is my first girl and as with anything, I keep finding ways to make them better. I still love my first one. They are becoming more elaborate and more stable.
Blue girlz Has a very elaborate hairdo. You can't see but it started with a doily that I sprayed with glimmer mist and and embossed the sufrface with Utez embossing powder. Nice thick embossing powder. The third button back is a clear flower button that came is a bag of buttons from Wall Mart or Michaels. I sure wish I could find more of those. I gave this one earrings and a flower in her hair.The skirt is the underneath piece of paper that I used for the doily.
Isn't she pretty?



George thinks this one looks like Cher. Not what I had in mind to begin but these creatures take on a life of their own. It is mesmerizing to sit there with a bag of buttons and start putting together faces. That is where they begin, with the faces. I love the dress on this one and the fact that she stands.

Here are the 4 Girlz together. I am not sure what I am going to do to showcase them best. I need to think of an appropriate vignette for them. I'll work on that





Red Girlz. Check out that body and I also found the perfect paper for her skirt. I like her earrings and glasses.




This is a Lay Out I did this week for 52 Sketches52Weeks. Back in January one day George gave KayLynn a sheet of stickers. Need I say More? The paper here is Bo Bunny. The 2nd layer of background paper is made using the technique where you paint a layer of acrylic paint on cardstock, let dry, paint on a layer of PVA glue and while it is wet a second coat of a different color of acrylic. Let it dry and you get this great pealed paint effect.






The design on the lower right is cut from a piece of the designer paper and then I layered some die cut daisys under some of the circles. I punched out a bunch os hearts and added some rhinestones, buttons and puff paint to finish it off.





This is a tag that I made when I first began experimenting with the pealed paint technique. Love that Queen Kat Owl. The rub-ons are Stampin'Up and the one little strip of pattern paper is Basic Grey.










Circles and Swirls. This was for a weekley challenge at TagYourIt site. I have to double check on the address. I love circles.








New Queen Kat Fairy Stamp and one of the background stamps. Paper is Basic Grey. I stamped the image with Versamark and then used clear embossing powder. Then I used the smooch the inkpad on freezer paper, spray with water and lift paint with tag until you get the results you like. For the wings I embossed the image onto pink vellum and then cut them out. Lastly I stamped the words and butterfly background stamp and embossed it.









This is a great Birthday card I made using the new Queen Kat Stamps. Love those flowers. First I stamped flowers and leaves in black and embossed on glossy paper. Then the three white circles are just the solid stamp embossed with clear Utez embossing powder, at the end of the process I sprinkled on a little glod embossing powder and heated that also. Then the ink pad smooching technique.



A bright spring day kind of card.



This is a cute little paper bird house for 3-D Challenge group over at Paper Craft Planet. Go check out Paper Craft Planet. There is so much to see and do there.

Have a good day everyone. I'm going to start painting my living room because it is going to be my studio when I can get the couch out of there.












No comments: