31 March, 2010

I Went Shopping

I have been waiting since Jan. for the new Tim Holtz products to hit the stores. I was lucky enough to get all the new Ink Pads for my Birthday back in Feb. But it has been a long wait for the latest. So yesterday I got to pick up a couple of the Sizzix Dies and one of the pattern paper pads. I couldn't wait to get home and get started on something. I have had all these wonderful photos of my dad and my family for a while now printed and waiting for some pages. So these were perfect for these new papers. I have to tell you I thought my Daddy was the best. All through my childhood and even in my teens and especially into my early twenties. And then he died. That was thirty years ago and there still is a big ole hole in my heart that nothing will ever fill. I have the best memories of him and of all the family time we all shared. I have six brothers and sisters (had 7) and we are and always have been really close. So when I work with pictures like this the pages always seem to come together by themselves.
I love this butterfly die by copics with 4 embossing folders and also this Sizzix small butterfly embossing and cutting die. I cut butterflies from different pattern papers and one from grunge paper and then highlighted the raised edges with Distress Ink.

I cut the background piece of paper for this photo with the Sizzix Top Notes Die and also a piece of acrylic packaging from the die and then I ran that through my Big Shot using an embossing folder. I used alcohol inks on the edges of the acrylic piece and the raised it off the photo using buttons between the two pieces and then adding a button on top. These buttons all came from a package that I picked up at Wall Mart.

This is the butterfly that I cut from Grunge Paper. The red glitterie wavy stuff is from a Christmas Pick that I had around and the flowers are made from silk flowers layered with punched paper flowers.I used red Stickles for the butterfly trails.


He was a cadet in the Air Force in Texas in this photo, going to school to become a pilot. He went on to fly in all Theaters during WWII. What a baby. I don't even know if he was 21 yet in this photo.



I cut the 12" square pattern paper using a template from a purchased border paper and then I used thick double stick tape to mount it on the brown background paper. I stamped around both layers with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Look at that curly light brown hair that I had.

Hope you liked this.
Have a great day everyone and I'll be back on Friday.

2 comments:

sgc said...

Beautiful, Melissa! Such wonderful memories of your daddy.

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

What pretty colors and sweet photos of your daddy, Melissa! Beautiful job!