27 December, 2010

New for Monday

Keep this on top! I  wanted to say Thank You to everyone that stops by and visits my blog each week and leaves me all those wonderful comments. So for anyone that leaves a comment this week I am going to draw a name on next Friday, New Years Evening and send you this wonderful assortment of Winter embellishments that I have been cutting out with my Cricut and Some SVG Cut files from Lettering Delights. I will be adding more during the week. So check back and see how big the prize gets by next Friday. One comment is all you need though.
 


I sat down last night and printed some photos from Christmas and then made a layout. Woo Hoo for me. I had been working on these cut outs using Basic Grey papers and SVG Files from Lettering Delights so the layout went together really quickly.

This is a photo of my granddaughters, Claudette and KayLynn, with my dog Pearl. You can barely see the dog because Kaylynn is lying on her. The red flourish at the top is done with Stickles.

Here is a close-up of the cut outs. I love doing these things. These files can be purchased seperately or as a bundle. There is one for the Santas 10 in all the trees again 10 and the snowflakes 10 also. I have gotten pretty good at breaking these apart and organizing the pieces on the cutting mat and then placing the different papers I want in those areas so I only have to make 1 cut.

The next project that I wanted to share today is an Organizer/calendar that I made. Each month will have a new file folder and then each year you just have to update the calendar. This is made from 2 file folders for the base. I then picked pattern paper that goes together and covered the parts of the folders that will show. Added a pocket and a calender, some ribbon and snowflakes and a cute little bird. I punched and reinforced two holes at the top so you can hang this by key ring loops on cup hooks. Are I clever or what?

I think you can see the three pockets better in this photo.

And here is a close up of the lower half.
Have a great day everyone

3 comments:

Natalie Tong said...

omg.. i love the folder! :)

Catherine said...

Your layout is great and I simply adore your organizer ! You are so clever Sweetie ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Unknown said...

Love your folder! It's gorgeous!
Hugs
Kim
x