30 July, 2008

A Very Productive Week

I have had a very productive week. It started out about one week ago and hasn't stopped yet. First I wanted to share these photos. When I walked Mona out the other night I was greeted by a beautiful sight. The Angel Winged Begonia is Blooming. Yea! The backside of the leaves are this beautiful red color. I don't go out front at night very often so this was a nice surprise.

Last Sat. I had an open house work day at my house for anyone who wanted to come and make cards, scrapbook or alter paper. Mona came Sat. night and worked for a couple of hours but the rest of the weekend I had the space all to myself. I got a lot done. I stretched several canvases and gessoed them. I stretched canvas, muslin and burlap onto embroderie hoops. I painted a lot of paper.

This is a piece of pressboard I found out in the shed. I put a coat of white paint on it and the washed on some colors. I have some ideas for this. I have to get some of these other projects finished up before I start any new ones. Famous last words.

Since I was dying cheesecloth I decided to try tye dyeing a piece of muslin.

This is what the dining room table looked like for three days. I'm so lucky I have a very supportive and understanding husband.

I tried this new technique using Heat & Bond and paper towels. It works really well. The orange piece is the Heat & Bond on the bottom (I'm using acrylics to decorate it at this point) and the top piece is the piece of paper that I had under the paper towel when I painted it. The last photo is the beginning of a project. The top of the piece is made by fusing the Angela Fibers together and adding a painted feather. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

I tried the inkblot technique. It's pretty cool. They look like butterflies. I think I'll decorate them , cut them out and pin them to a lampshade.

This is a pirce of canvas that I laid under the piece of mulberry paper that I painted. Below that is a piece of paper that I laid cheesecloth out to dry on.

The Med. size Blue piece is almost finished. I just need to attach a few more things.

This is going to be wonderful. I woke up in the middle of the night one night last week and this was in my head. I don't know what I saw that triggered this quest for Vintage Images but you know with me it just opened up a whole new thing. I love it. I have so much fun. Anyway that night I got up and dug out my books on Erte and as I lay there looking at his fantastic pen & ink designs I came up with this idea. I still have to finish adding more embelishments but this is what I've done so far. This is a 12"X12" piece of textured background paper. The circle is a piece of marbeled paper that I bought at Art Ellis.(one of my favorite stores) I printed this drawing by Erte onto 5 different background papers & then cut them out and aranged them on the background and inked the doodles around the outside of the circle. I made the top and right side border pieces from alcohol inked scotch tape. I also added some ribbon and rick rack, some beadwork and pieces of Basic Gray paper. I got busy with something else and havent gone back to this to finish it. Maybe in the next day or two.

At the end of my last post I said that I was going to sit down and put together 4 pieces using one group of papers. Well here are the base pieces and a close up of the paper journal page. Maybe I can finish these up over the weekend. I love this paper.

This is Logans Page. I'm entering it in a Man Page competition for Serindipity Web site. I'll have to see what happens.

This is a finished piece made with Angelina Fibers and Textiva as well as beads and things. This piece is 5"X12".

Okay, I love these and I have a ton of ideas in my head for more of these. I can't wait. These are 7"X7" paper plate pallets.

I found some wonderful vintage images (semi nudes and dancers from the early 1900's) a couple of days ago. They are going to be great when I use them on my paper plate pallets and paper that I painted last night. I printed the images on vellum and then I will iron them onto the paper and add all the embelishments.

These two have the images ironed onto the paper so you can get a sense of how this process goes.

And to end this blog today I leave you with Georges latest creative endeavor. Yes it is a bowl full of rocks covered with water on a table on the back patio. It looks really neat.

One of these days I'll have to do a post of our backyard.

Have a good week.



Candi said...

Loved your blog! Barb called and directed me to it and you do some awesome work! Love all the wonderful colors.

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Wow! Cool Stuffs! Love your creativity!