17 September, 2008

It's Like Christmas

Well here is the prize that I won for the Let Them Eat Cake Contest at Serindipity Scrapbook. Isn't this pretty? I can't wait to get started on the Alblum. The next photo is of a few extra pieces I picked up at Green Tangerine today to go with the really great Kit of the month that I ordered from Serindipity Scrapbooks for the month of September. I used my prise credit from winning the Kit of the month Contest last month. These kits are great you should check the site out. You get a ton of stuff for your money. Anyway the next photo is a close up of the alblum that you can choose with your Kit. It was either the trailer or a tent and I chose the trailer because it reminded me of camping when I was a kid The alblum looks like the one in the photo. That's my Dad in the doorway. God I miss him a lot.



I made this page of Caitie last weekend using my new Bo Bunny Stuff for a Contest for Bo Bunny. It's all so pink. The paper is from the My Darling Series and the buttons, flowers, brads, ribbon as well as the chipboard swirls are all Bo Bunny. The piece that runs down the right side is scotch tape dyed with alcohol ink and the leaves were made by crimping a 2" piece of paper thats been folded in half first and then with an oval punch cut heart shaped leaves. Make sure you punch the folded side. They make great leaves and you can make them as thick or slim as you like. The photo of Caitie is one I did for a studio shot in one of my photography classes in the past couple of years. I printed the first one on metalic paper made for inkjet paper so when you photograph the layout it looks a lot more pink than the other images. I like it, it makes it stand out that much more.



This first card is for mojo monday #53. The stamp is from the Winter Mini Collection, Scandinavian Season. This is a sneak peek. The paper is SU Riding Hood Red, Old Olive and Whisper White and Our designer series paper Holiday Treasures. I used our really red Craft ink to stamp the star, tree, & sentiment and then embossed them with crystal clear. I used glitter fabric paint and a metalic star sticker and done. The second card is made using the new SU paper Urban Garden and Kiwi Kiss and Night of Navy. The snowflakes are from the Snowburst stamp set and the sentiment is from Heard From The Heart. The background paper is some I made by spraying Metallic Acrylic paint and water onto our Gloss paper. I stamped the snowflakes with Versamark and embossed them with Sterling Silver . The edge was made with a Martha Stewart Punch and the metallic snowflakes are from Michaels. I did these two cards at my Technique Tuesday Class and the gals liked it. They got to try the hairspray and perfect pearls technique and they did some painting with acrylic using the inkblotting technique. The seemed to have a really good time. I just love turning people on to new things and showing them how easy some of this stuff really is.



These two cards are for a challenge/ Contest at Jacksonbella Embelishments. The stamps I used are from Inkadinkado, that was the only requirement so since I have a bunch of their stamps not a problem. I like the layouts and I'm looking forward to the rest of them. For the first one I used the Circles & Dots stamp and paper from Creative Imaginations. I used puff and glitter fabric paint to accent the circles. I love this card. The next card I used my favorite Bird stamp unfortunately I don't have a name for it. The paper is Basic Grey (my favorite) from the Phobe Collection. The last photo is of a work I started when I got home from shopping today. I'm going to go finish it now.





Have a good week, I have to go get to work on these layouts and the baby book for Johanna. The shower is next week and I havent started on it yet. I did get some really neat paper today to use for it, like I didn't already have enough. I will let you know when it's finished.




Have Fun! Melissa

1 comment:

Shirley said...

With your beautiful cards it does seem like Christmas. Love the cards and the opages.