30 June, 2009

The Wedding Album

On Saturday there will be a Big Blog Hop at Scrapbook News and Review http://snrcardiverse.ning.com/group/ohsaycanyouseebloghop and My Blog will be on the list. Come to SNR on Sat. for a great good time. Lots of Blogs to visit, Blog candy to try and win ( I will have some too) and a chance to make new friends. I hope to see you here. Check back Fri. for more details. Here is a little sneak peek of something I did for the day.
This is the album that I bought for the Wedding Album for Catie and Jason. I was so lucky to find the perfect album and papers and accessories , It made the process a little easier. I got it finished just in time. There are auctually 2 other pages that I finished at the last minute and didn't photograph them. I put their wedding invitation on the inside front cover.


I love the paper for the first and last page. This came with the package of papers I bought to do this album. I punched along the top and bottom edge and attached the silver paper to a black cardstock. The butterflies are colored with alcohol inks.

The center circle has a piece of acrylic in the center and then I stamped a florish on with Staz On and outlined that with Stickels.


I used a paper doilie for the center and then cut a scallop circle and the flourishs are freehand doodle.


I cut butterflies from pink metal sheets from Ten Second Studios.


I used buttons and rhinestones for the center of the flowers and I put sequins around the inside edge of the scallop paper.


Close up of the flowers and lace. The black velvet ribbon runs through the lace.


I just love this silver paper. I wish I could find more. I stamped, punched and die cut hearts.



The acrylic overlays sometimes presents a problem in covering up the glue dots but I have found that rhinestones work well.




Texture, texture, texture. I love all the different textured papers I used on these two pages.



These are pages for Jason and Maddie and Caitie and Maddie. These should be really cute.



A close up of the flowers I made for these two pages. I stamped the two outside flowers and embossed with embossing powder and then the pink is watercolored on. The center flower is cut with a sizzix die using several papers and a piece of Ten Second Studio pink metal. Caitie and Maddie, I can't wait to see the dress that Maddie is going to wear. She will look great no matter what.


I used IOD tape around the smaller frame pieces . I just love the shape of the background piece on these two pages.


The overlay on the frame piece comes in a seperate package that has several different frame overlays in it. Love those crystal rhinestones.



I used a lot of different papers and textures on these two pages. I also cut a few flourishes.



The last page: This mirrors the front page. I would love to see them put a photo of the three of them looking back over their shoulders. We will see. The frame for this is a chipboard piece that goes with the papers with some silver Stickels to accent it.


One other layout today.

I had started this Layout of Claudette a month or so ago. and then I got busy with a bunch of other things and lost track of this. I used Daisy D papers and distressed edges, cut out flowers added some buttons and a couple doves and there you go. The lace is a doilie from Georges moms things that we got after she died. They have been sitting in a box in the linen closet for years and I decided it was time to use them in Layouts. Look at the size of that rose. This was from the first bloom of the season this year. Always the best.

Have a Great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layouts. They are classic and elegant, but not too stuffy. They have elements of fun too! Fantastic Job.
Michelle

Kathy said...

wow your blog is fantatic, i love your work, lots of layers:)