31 August, 2011

Tutorial Wednesday at Bugaboo

Today is my turn for the Tutorial Wednesday over at Bugaboo. I have to tell you I was having a hard time thinking of a fun technique to share with you so I sat down with my box of hand made papers I have made over the past few years and came across this. Elmer's Glue, Perfect Pearls and a Heat Gun. It really is a lot of fun. So first off I will show you the finished piece that I made using one of Jodie's Skelekinz Images, Moon .

So I started off with a 6 X6" piece of glossy paper and a dollop of Elmer's Glue.

Then I used a paint brush to schmere the glue all over the paper. You want to have a good layer of glue on the paper so it will stay wet for a bit.

 Next with a larger brush start adding Perfect Pearls to the glue with a pouncing motion.
 If you need to keep the glue damp you can use a spray bottle of water to mist the top layer.
 Once you have the effect that you want you will use your embossing tool to heat the glue and cause it to bubble up. DON"T hold the gun in one place too long or too close because it will burn. Experiment with this for a bit. You will see the glue bubble up and it looks so cool.
Here is another view of the bubbles.

 So here is what the finished piece looks like. Ready for a background.
I decided to also do the moon of the image and this is on some texture paper and it worked just fine.
 And here is a close up of the image and the flowers that are made using My Minds Eye papers.
I hope you all take the time to try this out and let me know when you do. I would love to have a link to your project.
Have a great day everyone.

5 comments:

Min said...

Melissa - I just LOVE this tutorial!!! =) Terrific work!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

sgc said...

Melissa--I HAVE to try this, as I think it is beautiful! Great job on this tutorial. (I too have such a hard think trying to think of what to do--mine is 9/7, and I did a background tutorial also).

ladyjanet_56 said...

Love the tutorial melisa I may have to try this myself, I have just moved house & the perfect pearls is one of the items I can lay my hands on. Is it ok if I do this & credit you for it? Janet

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is soooo cool! I've never seen this technique and just adore the texture and dimension it gives. I don't have any Perfect Pearls. Seems like everyone has them but me....always too expensive. 'm sure there's something else I can add for the cool glimmer. Thanks for the tutorial.

earthspirit927 said...

What an interesting Idea I am going to have to try this one:) Love how your card turned out:)

Melissa

expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com