30 August, 2010

A Very Pink Girlie Layout

I did this layout today for a Challenge at Swirlydoos (use swirls of any size or medium) and leave a link with Scrapperlicious and leave a comment on the Swirlydoo Blog telling them what you like about their kits.
The second Challenge that I did this layout for is the Color Room Palette #21. Go and see all the beautiful layouts that they have to share.
This is a layout of my granddaughter Claudette when she was such a little one. About 9 months old. She had a ton of hair and she was a crawler. I babysat for her for a while and it was so much fun. It was exhausting sometimes but always fun.
For this layout I used papers from Stampin Up! Retired now and also papers and elements from a Kaiser Kraft Digital Kit (Fluttterby Mega Kit) The flowers are made from papers from the kit as well as papers by Bo Bunny and some organdy and a little felt. This flower is made by stitching a long piece of foldec organdy and then gathering it up and adding a paper flower and button to the top.
The tw Burgandy flowers are made using Bo Bunny papers and glimmer mist that I made usingre inkers, perfect perls and water. Love the rhinestone swirls.

Here is a close up of two of the flowers and one of the butterflies.


The small flower on the right is made by cutting the organdy and folding it and layering with felt and a paper flower. I added a small heart rhinestone to the center.



I used acrylics mixed with some crackle glaze to paint the photo with and the background paper. The lace here is some from a roll that I got in a box of ribbons from a neighbor that was cleaning out her house.There is some wonderful things in those boxes. I added the tiny rhinestones down the center.

I did a lot of hand cutting for this layout, I usually do, but I also took advantage of my new Cricut machine and some SVG files. I love this machine. Great swirls!

More close ups.

What a cutie.


Have a wonderful evening and week.

1 comment: