18 August, 2010

Wednesday Tutorial Day at Bugaboo

Today I'm going to share with you how I made these beautiful flowers that I used on this Layout. I bought several types of organdy and ran them through my Big Shot using a Sizzix flower die. For the flower below I used two layers of organdy flowers.
Each layer requires 4 of these flowers and one pattern paper flower for the backing and another flower and a rhinestone for the top.
I folded each of these flowers into fourths


They are slippery little devils.

I used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to hold the petals together.

It is hard to show the two different layers but you can see what a fluffy flower this makes.




Staple the organdy to the pattern paper flower that you have shaped and rounded from the back.

Here is the side view of the finished flower.



I cut several pieces of fabric and attached to the center of this flower that I cut from the pattern paper and then added a small flower and rhinestone.



All the flowers close up.

For the pointy flowers I cut several layers of organdy and a piece of felt and pattern paper and topped it all off with a rhinestone.


Another pointy flower.

Here is another view for you.


And one last view.


I used Basic Grey, Olivia, paper for this layout and the butterflies are from Bugaboo. You can find the image here.
I hope you all enjoyed this. Have a great day everyone.

6 comments:

Min said...

What a very cool tutorial! Love these flowers!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

sgc said...

Very pretty, Melissa! You do beautiful work.

Rae Anne said...

Simply stunning Melissa - WOW! Your talent and creativity and just amazing! :D MWAH!

Scrappy said...

Fab tutorial Melissa! GREAT job! Hmm...now where can I get me some organdie...! ;)

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Hi Melissa,thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for the congrats.You`re really so sweet!!!
Your flowers are AMAZING!!!
Hugs!
Luzma

Julie said...

Wow,they look amazing. TFS x