08 January, 2011

It Is A New Challenge

This week at Bugaboo we want to see some Embossing. It can be either dry embossing or wet or do some of both. Run over to the Bugaboo Challenge Blog and see what the Design Team has to share with you today. I chose to use a few of my Tim Holtz embossing folders and check out those hearts on the left, I used a set of Cuttlebug folders to emboss them and then cut them out and added a sticker. The background piece of paper is embossed as is the piece of black glitter paper under the Bugaboo Deacon Image.

Here is a close up of the hearts. It is hard to tell in these photos but the frosting on the cupcake is a coat of Golden Gel Medium and then I used Copics over the top of that. For the image on the black that took a bit of figuring but I did it. First I made a new layer and set the background to be black. Next I took the PNG digi image and sized it and pulled it over to the black background. To save on ink I just cropped the image on the black to the size I wanted and printed that. I love how vivid the colors are with that black background. And then I used a white gel pen to make the doodles.
 The paper I used for this card is Bo Bunny Crush 6"X6" pad and the sketch I used is from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday.Challenge Blog. I will be entering this.  
Yesterday I made this card with the Bugaboo Friday Freebie image and I mentioned the border strip that is done here in yellow. I came across this idea on the Heartfelt Creations Blog There are instructions you can print out if you go here. Martha Stewart Garden Trellis and Daisy Scallop Instructions

Here are 3 that I did with the Martha Stewart and then the small one used the CK punch. Imagine all the possibilities. Okay now run over to Bugaboo for all the Details for todays Challenge.
Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

14 comments:

Cheryl First said...

Oh, WOW! That first card is fantabulous!
Amazing job with your coloring, and the embossing is beautiful.

Catherine said...

Great cards Melissa ! Love those colours ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Rae Anne said...

WOW Melissa - I love your Deacon Cupcake card! The details are gorgeous, especially the red & black and all those embossed hearts! :D MWAH!

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, how totally fabulous!! I love Bugaboo stamps, I think I have most of them!!! LOL!!! Great card and thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda

mulberry station said...

Hi Melissa, I just couldn't wait to see the new bugaboo images for January. You and the rest of your team always do such a fantastic job coloring up these sweet images. I love the Deacan cupcake but I also love the chick..Super cute cards this week! Nice to have you join us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Eulanda said...

I've never seen your card before but linked from your entry in Sweet sketch Wednesday and I burst out laughing when I saw the title of your blog. Too funny!! Luv that and your cards look great too!! Hugs!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

How cute! I love the cupcake image!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

sweetbloominscraps said...

Cute Valentine card! I love the embossed hearts! Thanks for joining us at SSW this week!
Judi - SSW DT

Jeannie said...

Perfect little valentine and the hearts turned out just great!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Jackie Randolph said...

Hi Melissa, Oh my your cards are fabulous.. Love all the bright colors and beautiful embossing!
Thanks for playing along with us at SSW.

Jackie - DT

Kathie said...

Hi Melissa, what a pretty card love your image and your design papers. Great job.
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-Design Team

Sharon Basel said...

What a fun card Melissa! I adore the image colored so brightly and those hearts as embellishments are the perfect touch. Great and creative colors that are so perky! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon
SSW-DT

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh this is the sweetiest card. Love all your detail. Thanks for playing along @SSW!!!

Genevieve said...

Fab card! I love the colours & the hearts & you did a brilliant job with Deacon. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

Genevieve.